"

Monday, September 22, 2008

Meowing At The Moon

I am going to take the liberty of posting from a blogger weblog I came across not entirely by chance a little earlier today. I do not remember how it is that it was "not entirely by chance", but so what, it's my brain, and if it wants to play tricks on me, who am I to deny my own brain a little fun? I had not intended that sentence to turn into a query, and if you were just thrown for a loop, I beg your kind forgiveness. But getting back to the matter at hand, or at paw, perhaps, I give you this for your reading pleasure ---

----------------------------------------------------------

Things have been so crazy for me for the past couple of months.

First, I'm working three jobs. Kind of nuts, I know, but I love each of them and can't get myself to quit any of them. Two of them are adjunct teaching positions at different colleges, and the third is as a librarian. Those suck up 40+ hours a week which is a lot for me. I'm not used to working all those hours.

Second, we bought a townhouse. Nice place up on a mountain, right near a ski slope. Neither Bear (the spouse) nor I ski or snowboard, but hopefully next winter we'll learn. For the time being I'll just have to stare out the window and watch all the silly people fall on their asses.

It's much bigger than our old cramped 600 square foot apartment. We now have 1,600 square feet of roomy goodness. I'm loving it and so are the cats. The floors are set up as split levels so there are plenty of stairs for them to run up and down. Sometimes I wonder if they see it as a giant cat tree rather than a new home.

----------------------------------------------------------